For Christmas, we received a new oven thanks to both of our parents. Dumb thing to get excited about, I know, but we have been without this oven for about 2 years. Thank goodness we do have a second oven in our island and the stove top still worked but I missed having a 2nd working oven. And I love that the new flat surface stove top means less cleaning, yah! For the first-time use, I made a big pot of Taco Soup to warm us up on this snowy night. It is one of the easiest dinner recipes I know of and comes out of the cookbook Christmas Recipes from the Lion House. Enjoy!
Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pkg. mild taco seasoning mix
1 16oz. can cut corn
1 16oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 28oz. can stewed tomatoes
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
Tortilla chips
Grated cheese
Brown ground beef in heavy saucepan. Drain. Saute chopped onion; add to ground beef. Stir in taco seasoning, corn, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with tortilla chips and grated cheese. Makes 8 servings.










1 comments:
That's the recipe I gave out wit the Tabasco to the neighbors, with a few additions from Jennie's recipe, like carrots and broth. Also, I add chicken instead of beef sometimes. I crock pot the chicken all day with a bottle of ranch dressing and oil, then shred it. The ranch is really good.
Post a Comment