CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Polar Express



The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg is one of my all time favorite Christmas stories. When I taught Kindergarten back in the day, I would hold a Polar Express event and read the story to my classes. So, you can imagine I was trilled when they made it into a motion picture in 2004. Even more so, that the Heber Valley railroad conducts a polar express train. We finally felt that our kids were old enough to enjoy it this year and got tickets. We went last night and and stayed over at the Homestead. I would recommend it to everyone. We had cookies and hot cocoa served by chefs in white hats, had The Polar Express story read to us, sang Christmas carols with elves, and had a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Santa even gave each child a bell from his sleigh. It was really fun. We topped off the night by swimming at the Homestead and waking up to 5+ inches of snow up at Midway.




4 comments:

Jennie said...

So fun! I bet the kids loved it!

C+R said...

That is so cute Kristi! I had heard it advertised over the radio, but I wan't quite sure what it was! What fun for the munchikins!

Taylor Family said...

That sounds so fun. It is fun to see your cute kids. We really need to get together with our families. I think the kids would love having new cousins to play with.

Jen Vesper said...

We did this a few years ago and the kids LOVED it. Isn't it great? And I always love the Homestead.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed