CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our Heart Day



We woke up to find cupid had left the kids a small bucket of treats with a giant balloon attached.  My kids love balloons!  We then had breakfast consisting of heart shaped pancakes, bacon, berries, and red juice.  My mom always made every holiday so much fun and I am trying to continue the traditions.  For lunch I made heart shaped PBJ's.  My kids devoured these.  I guess they are just better cut with a little love.  This afternoon I helped at Alex's Kindergarten Valentine Party.  They had a lot of fun and I am glad I am able to go help in his class often.  I think it is important that he sees me in there.  Alex and Kirsten came home with a boat load of treats.  Kate is feeling a little left out.  She is a sugar girl and can't understand why Alex and Kirsten won't let her get into their stash.  




We made cookies for our neighbors and need to go deliver them tonight.  I was going to fix a fun dinner but about an hour ago I told Brad to order take-out because I don't feel like cooking.  He just left and I am excited that my kitchen will stay a little cleaner and I won't have to do another load of dishes.  Now that is a fabulous V-day gift.  We gave up a few years ago going out on this night as you seem to wait for hours for a table at a restaurant, but we have plans for this weekend.  We got engaged on Valentines 13 years ago, so it is a little bit more special to us and we definitely can't get away with doing nothing.  I was serenaded by some of Brad's friends in loin cloths bargaining (in their native (mission) tongue) with Brad over simple Valentine gifts that turned out to be an unexpected real rock and a proposal.  Funny story with some funny guys.  I just still can't believe they were wearing next to nothing in a seriously freezing blizzard that night.  Thanks for the good memories guys. 

4 comments:

Jen Vesper said...

You are SO cute...look at how young you both were!! Fun story.

C+R said...

I never knew that! That is so sweet.

Jules said...

The loin cloth picture is hilarious! I can totally picture them doing that!

Jules said...

Me again...is that Scott 2nd from the right? I think he got a little carried away with the smaller cloth! Suits him, he always thought he was pretty special, right?!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed