We would like to introduce Jakob Henderson Dopp. Born June 6, 2009 at 12:35 a.m. and weighing 4 lb. 15 oz. and measuring 17.5 in. This has seriously been a whirl wind for us. Last week was crazy enough with the last week of school and then Friday being the last day of school turned quite eventful. I said goodbye to my students, packed up the classroom and turned in my key and said goodbye to the other teachers. I was so excited to switch gears into baby mode and get my home and family ready for baby thinking I still had a week or two. I went out to lunch for Lori's bday and took the kids to swim lessons. I crashed when we got home. I later came down to watch the news with Brad and just after sitting there no more than 2 minutes I had a contraction and then felt a huge gush thinking my water had broke but I was sitting in a big pool of blood. I have known that I had a low lying placenta and I was experiencing placenta previa and abruption. Brad called my Dr. to find out he was out of town so the on call Dr. told us to go to the ER. Luckily all the kids were in bed and we called our neighbors Mark and Tiffany and they came over. Mark drove us to the hospital. Brad's dad met us at the hospital to give me a blessing and my parents came to the house to watch the kids. When we got to the hospital I started contracting and the nurse told us we would be having a baby that night. I was so mad and frustrated. I had not done anything to prepare for this. I had come to the hospital with a robe and flip-flops. Brad's dad went back home to get our camera. It was just craziness. The on call Dr. had to do an ultrasound to find out where my placenta was exactly. I have c-sections and was planning on that anyways but he said it was pretty bad and that I might have to have a hysterectomy too. They called in another Dr. to help with the surgery. I had a lot of scar tissue from past c-sections and my uterus was essentially sealed to my abdominal wall. So lots of cutting and lots of stitches. I didn't have to have a hysterectomy but they did tie my tubes that I wanted done. I got out of surgery around 2 a.m. and my parents and Brad's dad were there waiting. They had taken Jakob into nicu for observation as he was a month early. He was grunting a little bit. They had him on oxygen and on the way back to my room they let us see him. Luckily he was able to move to the nursery later that morning. I am just so thankful that everything was okay with him especially being early and tiny. We came home Tuesday and we have had so much help. I appreciate everyone for all they have done for us. Physically, I am doing okay as long as I stay on my meds. Mentally, I am a basket case. This has so put me over not being prepared for this. I just sit here thinking of everything I could be doing but physically am not suppose to. It's hard. I know that I will have more of a summer now because I will be healed sooner and be able to spend more time with the kids and the projects I wanted to get done. Jakob is such a good baby and the kids love him. They have been good little helpers and of course want to hold him constantly. I am just glad that everything turned out fine. He just knew school was over and it was his turn.
Friday, June 12, 2009
He Couldn't Wait!
We would like to introduce Jakob Henderson Dopp. Born June 6, 2009 at 12:35 a.m. and weighing 4 lb. 15 oz. and measuring 17.5 in. This has seriously been a whirl wind for us. Last week was crazy enough with the last week of school and then Friday being the last day of school turned quite eventful. I said goodbye to my students, packed up the classroom and turned in my key and said goodbye to the other teachers. I was so excited to switch gears into baby mode and get my home and family ready for baby thinking I still had a week or two. I went out to lunch for Lori's bday and took the kids to swim lessons. I crashed when we got home. I later came down to watch the news with Brad and just after sitting there no more than 2 minutes I had a contraction and then felt a huge gush thinking my water had broke but I was sitting in a big pool of blood. I have known that I had a low lying placenta and I was experiencing placenta previa and abruption. Brad called my Dr. to find out he was out of town so the on call Dr. told us to go to the ER. Luckily all the kids were in bed and we called our neighbors Mark and Tiffany and they came over. Mark drove us to the hospital. Brad's dad met us at the hospital to give me a blessing and my parents came to the house to watch the kids. When we got to the hospital I started contracting and the nurse told us we would be having a baby that night. I was so mad and frustrated. I had not done anything to prepare for this. I had come to the hospital with a robe and flip-flops. Brad's dad went back home to get our camera. It was just craziness. The on call Dr. had to do an ultrasound to find out where my placenta was exactly. I have c-sections and was planning on that anyways but he said it was pretty bad and that I might have to have a hysterectomy too. They called in another Dr. to help with the surgery. I had a lot of scar tissue from past c-sections and my uterus was essentially sealed to my abdominal wall. So lots of cutting and lots of stitches. I didn't have to have a hysterectomy but they did tie my tubes that I wanted done. I got out of surgery around 2 a.m. and my parents and Brad's dad were there waiting. They had taken Jakob into nicu for observation as he was a month early. He was grunting a little bit. They had him on oxygen and on the way back to my room they let us see him. Luckily he was able to move to the nursery later that morning. I am just so thankful that everything was okay with him especially being early and tiny. We came home Tuesday and we have had so much help. I appreciate everyone for all they have done for us. Physically, I am doing okay as long as I stay on my meds. Mentally, I am a basket case. This has so put me over not being prepared for this. I just sit here thinking of everything I could be doing but physically am not suppose to. It's hard. I know that I will have more of a summer now because I will be healed sooner and be able to spend more time with the kids and the projects I wanted to get done. Jakob is such a good baby and the kids love him. They have been good little helpers and of course want to hold him constantly. I am just glad that everything turned out fine. He just knew school was over and it was his turn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










19 comments:
What a shock! I am a planner too, so I think I would have been a little stressed as well. I am so glad everything went well. I'm sure it was a scary experience. He is precious. We can't wait to meet him in person. Love you guys and give him a squeeze for me. I am such a baby person.
He is beautiful! Congratulations Kristi. I can't wait to come to Utah and hug him.
Conrats! He is so beautiful!
Congrats Kristi! I'm glad everything turned out well. He's beautiful!
Congrats Dopps!! He looks like such a sweet little thing!
Congratulations! He is so little!!! I think all my girls each added up to two of him! He is a beautiful baby! Hope you are all doing well!
Wha-What?! Such a scary thing to happen, but how thoughtful of him to wait until school was out ;) That would be so hard for me...I am the exact same way...I like to have my ducks in a row, especially when it comes time for the baby to come, so I can totally empathize. I am sure your emotions are just all over the board right now, so don't be too hard on yourself...it will normal up soon (maybe just not soon enough;)). He is such a beautiful baby, and I am so glad you and he are okay. If you need a laugh, I'm sure I will need a break from Bryan and his incessant teasing, so I'll send him over ;)
Congratulations!
Just say "no" to the to do list for a while...it will always be there.
Good luck on your recovery!
I would die because I am such a perfectionist when it comes to bringing baby home! If you think about it though, you are so lucky to have a healthy baby and happy family that the other stuff really can wait. At least you didn't have to suffer through those last weeks of being pregnant which could quite possibly far out weigh being prepared!
Congratulations. He is adorable!
What a cute little bundle. I am so glad everything turned out ok- thank goodness for blessings, wonderful neighbors, and family. Take it easy, I know how fun it is to recuperate from C-Sections.
Oh my goodness! What a crazy scary experience! I'm so glad everything turned out well and you and Jacob are doing good! I might add that you look great in your photos, I wouldn't have thought looking at them all the stress and everything you had just went thru! Congrats! Congrats! So happy for you!!!
congratulations! I am glad it all went well in the end, sounded pretty scary!
Kristi, I am so glad it all turned out okay, but what a scary start. He is beautiful and I hope it's not too long before we see you. Congratulations. Love Jen(your cousin)
Congrats. I am glad to hear everything turned out ok. Cute baby!!!
Congratulations! Looks like you are going to have lots of help.
Sorry you weren't ready, and I know how you feel. I hate when things don't go as planned. Glad everything is going well after a scary start. Good luck and he's darling!
Oh wow! I've been wondering about you...I can't believe you have that little baby here already! Sounds like an eventful birth! I'm so glad everything is okay. I'm coming up over the 4th and would love to see you and meet Jakob! Hang in there!
Just a very belated Congratulations! I hope you are recovering well and keeping things simple as your body heals and your sweet little boy grows. I am very thankful that things turned out ok. I can't even imagine what a nightmare all of this was for you. I hope you and your family are enjoying your summer now.
Congrats, Kristi! Of course he couldn't wait - he knew he was going to be in awesome family.
Post a Comment