CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Pioneer Celebration




I took the kids to the Ogden parade in the morning. My favorite participants are the Ogden LDS missionaries. I love the spirit they send as they go along singing hymns. It is a good thing for my kids to see. On the flip side, we see many unwanted things. There was a father, skinny as a rail, with 3 dirty kids around ages 3, 7, 9. I watched the oldest girl help her dad move into some shade at a dealership and help him take his shirt off because he was so hot. He laid down and all the kids were fanning him off. I felt so sad for these kids and just wanted to take them home and give them a better life. I walked over there and gave him a water bottle and the kids pouch drinks and asked if he needed help. Walking back to my kids I felt stupid and out of place as we were sitting in nice chairs, eating McD's breakfast, and all decked out in our new festive red, white and blue clothes. I know how blessed I am to be apart of the family I have and all the luxuries we possess. It is good that situations come along that make us step back and remember that.

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed