CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weber State Soccer vs. Mexico















Alex's soccer team was asked to play during half time when Weber State played a Mexico national team. It was really fun for Alex's team to play, although they played another SW team. The best part for me, being that the game was at Ogden High (my old stomping ground and where I taught close by at Polk Elementary), I saw 4 of my not so little Kindergartners. They were 17 and 18 years old...ouch! But so cute. The last pic is of one of my favorites, Kel. He was currently SBO pres. at Ogden. They are like my babies and I can't believe how big they are. The down side about the game... how there were so many Mexican-Americans cheering on the other team and not the home team. It FLOORED me when the Mexican National Anthem played and how the majority of the crowd stood up full force and sang with all their might. And then our turn to sing about the United States of American, land of the free, home of the brave, the country who lets you in and gives you a job and feeds you, BUT half the crowd sat down, they FREAKING sat down. And granted probably many are illegals but probably most are UNITED STATED CITIZENS!!!! I don't mind you supporting your mother land but feel proud that you are a citizen of the United States of America and appreciate all that our land has to offer you. I stand strong for Arizona's ruling with illegals no matter what country they are from. Illegal is not legal and we are taught to follow the laws of the land. I know and love many people who have worked hard to gain citizenship and are very proud of it including Brad's own Grandmother who came to America from England in her early 20's. I think it is time to make rules and stick to them and make everything fair. In my previous teaching years, I saw so many families on green cards getting free breakfast and lunch when our own citizens were suffering. Anyways, it was just really disheartening.

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed