CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

It's a Halloween tradition to carve pumpkins at my parents home each year. My mom prepares a yummy dinner and then we get to work carving. This year Alex wanted a spider and Kirsten simply wanted triangle eyes, a circle nose and a smile. Brad, the pyromaniac, torched his flaming pumpkin (see below). We have so much fun getting together with siblings and cousins and seeing what everyone creates. My dad gives awards at the end of the night. The kids get good awards but the adult awards are hit and miss. For example, Brad won a free dinner to the Melting Pot, which expired march 2004 (I think we gave that to my dad). Travis (our brother-in-law) won a movie card with who knows how much is on it. I guess he will find out at the movies. Rock chip certificates, etc... It does get pretty funny. I am so thankful for my parents that are always planning family get togethers. They spoil us and keep it fun. You know the saying... the family that plays together stays together... that's us, thanks to my parents.




2 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

We missed you guys so much. I told Sean late last night that you did the pumpkins. He was really sad. I love the golden gift certificates from you dad. He is so funny.

Julie Baldwin said...

What a fun thing to do! Your dad is so great! He cracks me up. He reminds me so much of my dad.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed