CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Wicked Chicago

I returned home from the windy city of Chicago with a bunch of neighbor friends early this morning. We had terrific weather for our trip until we got to the airport to come home. Planes were delayed and routed elsewhere. So, we spend about 6 hours in the airport and didn't arrive in SLC until around 1:30 am. But we had a blast. We saw the broadway shows Wicked and Jersey Boys. They were amazing! I totally recommend both. Wicked was just fun and Jersey Boys is about The Four Seasons and has some sketchy parts and choice words but the singing is fabulous. We even caught up with one of the main cast members in Jersey Boys after the show (see below). While in Chicago, we also went to the Art Institute of Chicago (where Ferris Bueller spent a day...you will recognize the picture if you have seen the show) and saw amazing originals from Picasso, Monet, Seurat, Van Gogh, Remington and others. We also went to the aquarium, Navy pier, the American Girl store (I can't wait to take Kirsten and Kate there one day), and had lots of good food and shopping. I realized I am not a city girl. I love Utah mountains and wide open spaces. It was good to come home and wake up to 3 smiling faces, happy that their mom was home. I am so thankful for my 3 little ones and especially for Brad for letting me go on a wickedly fun adventure!








2 comments:

Jennie said...

Kristi - How Fun! That is neat you were able to get away with all the girls. The dolphin pic is amazing. It made me want to jump on a plane and head for Chicago. The only thing that was missing was a trip to the Oprah show. :) (If you are in to her, that is) I'm glad you made it back and I agree... there is no place like home!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love Chicago.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed