For the past 4 days, I have being assembling 60 recipe books for my mom and I for neighbor gifts. We decided to do it last Christmas for this year and I thought great, I will get it done in the summer and be finished. Well, here it is December 11th and I am just getting them done. Good intentions but then procrastination sets in. The story of my life. Can you guess what my New Years Resolution is??? Here are a few recipes from the book.
Wild Rice Soup
6 T butter
1 T minced onion
1/2 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked wild rice
1/2 cup finely grated carrots
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
3 T slivered almonds
1/2 t salt
1 cup half and half
snipped parsley
Melt butter in large pot. Saute onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour and gradually add broth. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Boil one minute. Stir in rice, carrots, chicken, almonds and salt. simmer on low for 5 minutes. Blend in half and half. heat to serving temperature. Garnish with parsley. If you prefer thinner soup, add more chicken broth.
Poppy Seed Chicken
6 boneless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 tube of crushed round crackers
6 T melted butter
4 T poppy seeds
Grease glass 9x13 pan. Lay cooked chicken on bottom of pan. Mix 2 cans of chicken soup and sour cream together. Spread evenly on top of chicken. In a separate bowl, mix the crushed crackers with the melted butter and seeds. Sprinkle on top of creamy mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve over rice.
Christmas Caramels
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
Combine ingredients in heavy pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Keep at rolling boil and cook till soft ball forms in cold water (about 15 minutes). Pour into buttered 7x11 inch pan. Coo, then but into squares and wrap each piece in wax paper. Makes about 75 pieces of candy.
I am off to make some caramels to go along with the book. Happy Cooking!










5 comments:
Wow! Now that is an ambitious project. Can I be one of your neighbors?
Kristi that is so cute, I hope your keeping one for you, that's a lot of work!
Kristi- You are amazing! I complain that I don't have time to do anything, and I have only one child.
I am so impressed! Wow! What fun! It's so fun to see your blog. I want to see all of your projects like that!
Ok, so now my lame neighbor gifts are looking lamer! What a fun project!
I just entered the world of blogging and it's been fun to peak into everyones lives. I love the Disney trip!
Post a Comment