CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good for Target!


Tonight I went grocery shopping to Target and learned something new. While I was checking out, a man asked my checker if they sold chew and she replied that they don't sell any tobacco products. I was like wow, cool. I know it is just probably some marketing or selling issue but I would like to think someone was behind it in not selling those items at their store. I have a big issue with smoking and you can ask my children that anytime we see someone smoking they get a lecture about how bad that is for you. Smoking is so addictive for people with bad consequences for their health and ours, and I am so glad that there has been a great push against it. Do you remember seeing the cigarette vending machines at JB's or sitting on an airplane filled with smoke? What in the world was going on! My biggest turnoff to smoking was when I taught Kindergarten. Some of those sweet, innocent children would walk in my classroom stinking of smoke. Their coats and backpacks where disgusting. I felt so bad for those kids and now look at the smoking habit as disgusting. I know a few people who smoke and they are good people. I don't want to offend anyone as I also know everyone has their own rights to do so as it is a legal product but I feel really bad for those who get sucked into it and can't get out and that they are affecting themselves and everyone around them.
A few weeks ago in sacrament meeting a speaker told about this story involving his wife. She said a simple pray as she walked into the grocery store that she could help someone out that day. It was Christmas time so I think charity was really on her mind. While waiting at the pharmacy, she noticed a young mother really struggling with the decision about which help stop smoking product to buy. She could tell the mother was not very well off. Well they ended up walking out of the store at the same time and she commented to the woman that she noticed she was trying to quit smoking and she was proud of her and then gave her money to cover the cost of the product. I just thought that was really cool of her to do that and I am sure the woman appreciated it too and I suppose it encouraged her a little bit to follow thru. I'm sure we could all start "noticing" and do something about it.
Well back to the beginning...Good for Target!

1 comments:

C+R said...

I love love love the music on you blog! Sometimes I just keep my computer logged on to your blog while i'm cleaning the kitchen! Wonderful choice of music.
Rachael

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed