
Happy New Year!!! Hope you had a great holiday with great things to come in the new year. For our celebration, we were going to go up to our cabin for the night but ended up staying home. Brad worked and while Kate napped and Alex played in the snow with friends, Kirsten and I had a Zac Efron marathon. We watched both High School Musicals and Hairspray.
I admit, I'm a fan. Too bad he's only 20 and not 35ish! Someone else who has sparked my interest after watching the movie The Holiday is Jude Law...yum!!! But, I read that he just had his 35th birthday last weekend. That means I am 1.5 months older than him. He seems so much older than me. Where does the time go??? Wasn't I just 23???
Anyways, back to reality.... We attempted to make the evening fun for the kids. We made yummy appetizers and personal pizzas. Had ice cream while we watched the ball drop. Then jumped off of the couch into the new year (eastern time), cheered with glasses of sparkling grape juice, and headed off to bed. We woke up to find the New Year's Fairies had come. It is a tradition on my side that they come and leave a couple of presents that Santa forgot and they also refill our stockings with goodies. I have decided that I am not making any new year resolutions this year. Most of the time we set so many high goals which we don't accomplish. So this year I am taking it day by day...baby steps...small accomplishable daily goals. Wish me luck, I need it!










0 comments:
Post a Comment