
It is a book about teaching your kids to work and be independent and preparing your children to go out in the world on their own starting at age 3. Her family outlined a plan and at a certain age to have a certain skill accomplished and working on daily. Wow what a list! Needless to say, Katie and I were a little speechless about the list and the skills our kids hadn't accomplished yet going along with her by age plan. Brad and I make the kids do chores and such but still we are doing too much for them. So I bought the book and am on page 40. So good so far. I am going to try to follow her more detailed plan in hopes of making my kids a little more capable of doing things they can do by the ages they are and me not doing it for them. How are they ever going to learn right. One of the tasks by age 4 is to make your own sandwich and by 5 make your own lunch so today we did just that and they did great and enjoyed doing it. Yeah, a little bit more of a mess for mom but worth it.










2 comments:
I'll have to get that book. I already know I do way too much for my kids. :)
Hi Kris, Ali here. I have to tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book too. I am reading it and I want to introduce it to my sisters (They need to be a little more back-offish in the parenting department) And I am learning a ton! Cute Blog!
Love Ali
Post a Comment