CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who will it be???

I am missing...

We have stayed away from politics for little bit but have started looking for options.  Being registered Republicans, we do want a republican in the office who has our similar views and values so with our hands tied I guess it goes to McLame, oh I mean McCain. I seriously have the hardest time listening to his speeches.  With his monotone voice he looses me. 

From day one, Hillary never had our vote.  We are not Clinton fans.  I am getting a kick out of listening to her attacks on Obama though.


So to Obama.  I think so many people are being sucked into the whole Obama craze.  He seems like a young cool guy but I don't understand the things he stands for.  A good analogy for him is a good song with no lyrics.  You are not really sure what he is saying but it makes you feel good.  This isn't the way to choose a President.  I don't think you have to have a ton of experience in Washington but you do need to give specific examples of what you plan to do instead of just chanting change, change, change.  There is an Obama challenge going on to try listening to an Obama speech, push pause periodically and try to summarize the major points of interest or plans of a future Obama administration.  You come up with nothing.  Maybe a small tingling feeling.  I think people are entering into a hypnotic trance loosing all reality or the fact that they are listening to a one term, Junior Senator who hasn't run so much as a corner store let alone a major government.  Not only has Obama never run anything but he has never made any major legislative accomplishments besides co-sponsoring a weak ethics bill which everyone was on board with so that hardly counts as a major accomplishment.  If you support a pro-abortion candidate who believes in socializing everything. Someone who will replace up to four of the most powerful judges with four people who will legislate laws from the bench. If you believe that homosexual marriage is normal and should be provided for all citizens of the USA, then Obama is your man.  No matter how he makes you feel, if he gets elected and puts his plan into place, you'll feel entirely different.

Barack "The Candy Man" Obama



The abortion thing really gets me.  As a mom, and all of you who have ever been pregnant know when that little living spirit inside moves, it is an amazing feeling.  To see on the ultrasounds the baby kicking their little feet or sucking their thumb is amazing.  The baby is alive and growing!  I know that there are instances where for the mother or baby's life is at stake that abortion may happen.  But in the instance of passion and mindless responsibility you get pregnant and get an abortion to fix your little problem is WRONG!!!!  That "little problem" is a human being.  Obama and Clinton both do not support the ban on Partial Birth Abortions.  How can you vote for someone who isn't against this.  I came across the following and I am warning you that it is very disturbing and will tear your heart out.  

Partial Birth Abortion, is described below by Wikipedia:

Usually, preliminary procedures are performed over a period of two to three days, to gradually dilate the cervix using laminaria tents (sticks of seaweed which absorb fluid and swell). Sometimes drugs such as synthetic pitocin are used to induce labor. Once the cervix is sufficiently dilated, the doctor uses an ultrasound and forceps to grasp the fetus' leg. The fetus is turned to a breech position, if necessary, and the doctor pulls one or both legs out of the birth canal, causing what is referred to by some people as the 'partial birth' of the fetus. The doctor subsequently extracts the rest of the fetus, usually without the aid of forceps, leaving only the head still inside the birth canal. An incision is made at the base of the skull, scissors are inserted into the incision and opened to widen the opening, and then a suction catheter is inserted into the opening. The brain is suctioned out, which causes the skull to collapse and allows the fetus to pass more easily through the birth canal. The placenta is removed and the uterine wall is vacuum aspirated using a suction curette.

The following is an account from a nurse who was present for one such abortion:

Brenda Pratt Shafer, a registered nurse from Dayton, Ohio, assisted Dr. Haskell in a Partial Birth Abortion on a 26-1/2 week (over 6 months) pre-born baby boy. She testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee (on 11/17/95) about what she witnessed. According to nurse Shafer, the baby was alive and moving as the abortionist “delivered the baby’s body and arms - everything but the head. The doctor kept the baby’s head just inside the uterus. The baby’s little fingers were clasping and unclasping, his feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the scissors through the back of his head, and the baby’s arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks he might fall. The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening and sucked the baby’s brains out. Now the baby was completely limp.”

This abortion is used for babies who are over 16 weeks gestation, traditionally between 20-24 weeks.  At that point, you have a baby inside of you kicking and moving and preparing for a life outside in the world.  You can even know the sex of the baby by then.

It is a big eye opener to a process I wasn't fully aware of and after reading it I stand firm to NEVER support anyone who does not stand against it also.


Sorry for my venting...I am going to go hold my babies now.

1 comments:

Jen Vesper said...

Holy crap Kristi! I literally almost threw up when I read that last paragraph. How horrible is that?? I mean, I have always been against it, but what doctor could do such a thing? It is obviously, literally murder. What else might they be capable of if that doesn't make them squirm. No wonder they don't bring the head out. No one with any kind of a soul could do that if they could see the babys face.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed