CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our Little Rock Star


I got Kirsten this heart headband to wear on V-day and she has wanted it on ever since.  Not on top of her head but on her forehead.  Today with her straggly long hair and tat on her hand that she got at her preschool V-day party, she is looking a lot like Axl Rose.  I have been finding myself swaying side to side and singing Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O' Mine all day.  Makes me laugh.  I think the 2nd song is Kirsten's new theme song with her sweet smile and blue eyes.  Check out the lyrics and sing along....

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when i see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry
Sweet child  o' mine
Sweet love of mine
She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder 
And the rain
To quietly pass me by
Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine
Where do we go
Where do we go now
Where do we go
Sweet child o' mine


I am not a Rocker but have to admit, I did own Guns n Roses albums.  I even performed with the Tigerettes at good old Ogden High at a football game to Welcome to the Jungle.  Oh the 80's! 

2 comments:

Jules said...

When I checked your blog this morning and it started playing Guns n Roses...it took me back to the good old days at Ogden High! We had fun back then! It was great seeing you over the weekend. I love the picture of Kirsten.

Jen Vesper said...

That totally cracked me up Kristi!! Ahhh the memories! I didn't even know that you went to Ogden High...too funny. I went to Weber, but I bet you knew my cousins. Too cute! Oh, and thanks for having my cake blog on your cute blog. Your sister-in-law referred her neighbor to me the other day. So thanks bunches!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed