CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2008

STUFF

Since Christmas, I have really been bugged by my very cluttered house.  We get so much STUFF and even have many of the kids presents, yet to be played with, sitting in boxes downstairs.  I have focused lately on trying not to purchase unnecessary STUFF.  I need to declutter instead of adding to it and saving $$. I know an organized home does save you time and $$.   I came upon a very inspiring blog post today "What if...none were enough?" about how america is in recession because people are buying too much STUFF and have to have it all.  Materialism is a toxin.  I have gotten STUFF too often because I wanted it and didn't need it.  When is enough, enough, or do we even need enough.  I am on a journey to get my house in order.  Less is more.  That is what I want.  I have a lot to get rid of and I admit I have a hard time getting rid of STUFF.  I know it won't be easy and it will be time consuming, but the end result will be sweet.  I can't let myself fall into the STUFF trap any longer. I don't want to be one of those depicted in this picture The Haywain by Bosch. People wanting hay (unnecessary, useless STUFF) and doing anything to get it.

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed