CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Disappointed...You Blew It America!

With Romney suspending his candidacy today, I'm heartbroken that the country didn't realize what was good for it; but I guess that is the historical nature of a country. When he chose to run he wasn't seduced by the power of the presidency, or even the fame that comes from running for office. He was running to make America better and now that his remaining in the race would damage the probability of having the policy outcomes he supports, he's dropping out. That shows true conviction. I guarantee that 4 years from now we'll be starving for a business-savvy mind in Washington. I'll have to go back to picking a president based on whomever is the lesser evil. Reagan once said: "The reason there is no one capable in Washington is because they are all working in business." America has blown the chance this election for just that. Here was a brillant businessman who had a lot to offer the US as president and America let him go. Romney was by far the most honest, ethical, qualified and family oriented candidate. To have had his Mormon religion even become an issue in a political campaign in this country is an indication of the great intolerance that should not, but does exist. Until this election, I never grasped the overwhelming hatred against Mormons. Mitt Romney would have been a great president. Perhaps someday America will grow up enough to elect a competent, moral, brilliant president whatever their religion. We'll miss you Mitt and we will still wear our Romney for President t-shirts proudly!

1 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Such a sad day! I was telling Sean who do we vote for now? It's going to come down to who is the lesser of the two evils.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed