But luckily not together!
Yesterday we were all playing outside and I called everyone in for lunch. I thought that all the ducklings were in tow but Kate was not. I asked Alex to go get her while I pulled lunch out of the oven. He came back in screaming to me that Kate was hurt. She had ridden one of the kids plasmacars down our steep driveway and crashed head first at the bottom. She had a huge bump on her forehead, skinned her nose and chest, cut her mouth somewhere, scraped her hands, and put a couple of holes in her shirt. This pic above is of her in the tub today happy as a lark. She's a tough cookie!
This morning I took Kirsten down to SLC to her endocrinologist appt. We have been meeting with him for 2 years now over height issues. She is a tiny one who has never been on the growth charts and we are just trying to get her taller than mom one day. She takes treatments and they just observe that she is growing proportionally. Today they sent us over to Primary Children's to get an x-ray of her hand to determine skeletal growth and how she compares to the norm. She thought it was really cool to take pictures of her bones and the nurse gave her 3 huge smelly stickers, so you know the nurse was way cool. This is really out of want and not a medical necessity, although our insurance does cover it because the Dr. proved that she has never caught up. I am only 4'7" and I don't particularly like it and I hope this pays off for her in the end. Our goal is to reach 5', still small but taller than mom.











2 comments:
I didn't realize you guys were doing all of that for Kirsten. We are at PCMC a lot for Jacks and they are the best when it comes to working with kids. I'm glad she had a good experience.
I feel so bad for Kate. Ouch! What a blessing that she didn't lose her teeth or something even more serious. Kids... you gotta luv 'em.
Wow, your kids are as graceful as mine, that is good to know. We have a very steep driveway they keep heading face first down so we have seen that nose rug burn before. Thanks for the info about the playlist, I got mine up and going (with help from the computer geek husband of mine).
Post a Comment