This morning I went to the county courthouse to see my sister Lori and her hubby Travis get legal custody of little Lola. It is really such a relief that there is no way she can get taken back now. It is just the chances you take with adopting. Some the the questions were kind of funny. Like...do they accept full responsibility of her and will they really take care of her and will they financially take care of her and if they get divorced they still need to take responsibility for her and do they love her. Okay I almost started to cry with the last question. Anyways I was thinking during the process, I wonder if people out there really ponder what is ahead of them before they get pregnant. I am a big planner and it took Brad and I 6 years to get things in order before having kids (well we really just played but did do a lot of preparing). Teaching really opened my eyes to the fact that NO many do not and even after getting that sweet little bundle they still don't take responsibility for them. I know it's not God's plan, but in Kristi's world every baby girl would be installed with a birth control chip and they would have to be married, pass parenting classes and home inspections, and just show that they are ready for a baby before the chip is removed. Of course, I would have to work out the bugs of getting babies to those who can't have them. But whatever Kristi, NOT happening. At the courthouse I also ran into our old neighbor friends Jan and Dave who were also getting custody of their adopted baby Lauren. It just amazes me, as I have watched Lori and several friends, go thru this process of adopting and proving themselves worthy, I think everyone should have too. Well we are excited about todays events and look forward to Lori, Travis and Lola being sealed in the temple. Congratulations you guys!










2 comments:
That is so awesome! Congratulations on your new offical niece. Oh and ditto on the parenting thing. This wknd. Ry and I were at a movie and saw this young, young, pregnant girl and her BF. They didn't appear to be married (and I know this is totally judgemental - sorry), but all I kept thinking was, please give this baby up for adoption. You have your whole lives ahead of you and I have 4 very good friends who are prepared and ready to be awesome moms. It is a tough decision I know. At least I can hope.
What a cute little girl! We have a soft spot in our hearts for adoption. It's a beautiful way to build a family.
Post a Comment