CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Helicopter Tradegy


We are down in Page, AZ heading out on Lake Powell with my family today.  Alex, Kirsten and I drove down with my parents yesterday.  Brad and Kate are coming down for the weekend.  On the way down my dad got terrible news that his Page based medical helicopter had collided with another helicopter upon taking patients into the Flagstaff hostipal.  It is still unclear what happened.  We lost our pilot, a paramedic, and the patient on board.  A nurse survived but is in critical condition.  You just hate to see accidents like this happen with so many fatalities, 6 in all.  We feel so bad for the families and I feel so bad for my dad having to go thru all of this with his company.  Hopefully our week long trip can add some happiness to the situation.  We are off for some fun in the sun!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Kristi, I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll be thinking of you guys.

Jules said...

So sad to read this.

Jen S. said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry that is tragic accident was related to you. Such a sad story! Thinking of your family & Dad right now!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed